June 4th, 2019 | Season 1 | 1 hr 4 mins
brain, cognition, color, concepts, design, neuroscience, psychology, recycling
Our guest is Karen Schloss, who studies the way in which color is imbued with meaning through a lifetime of associations with objects (like bananas and fire trucks) and concepts (like love and politics). We discuss her research, including topics such as:
- What color should recycling bins be?
- A tool that can help designers use color-concept associations in their work
- The "blueberry problem" (why is is that blueberries aren't very blue?)
- How to market a blue banana
- What color heaven and hell should be